e-mail notifications not being sent after update

Eddy
Name: Eduardo

e-mail notifications not being sent after update

Post by Eddy »

Hi,

I had a set of notifications from reports and email rules working before updating to 2.7.1 that are not working anymore for me.

I have checked the system configuration settings and test emails are being sent and received correctly. Reports that are sent via Cron also seem to be working (will have to check again and report back once I get my test system back up and running), making me think that at server level it is working.

The issue is when a new project is created and or updated the assigned users are not being emailed or getting internal notifications. I checked at user level accounts and all users have internal notifications and emails enable. Entities configuration also checked and both internal notifications and emails aren't disable. Also tried using mail sending rules with options like send to user and send to email but they are not working. I'll carry on checking but to be honest I'm running out of ideas.

Any suggestions on where to look next will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
rmcdonald
Investor
Investor
Name: Robert McDonald
Company Name: Unicloud

Re: e-mail notifications not being sent after update

Post by rmcdonald »

We are also having issues with standard emails not being sent to user fields when adding comments
Eddy
Name: Eduardo

Post by Eddy »

It seems to be working for me since I reactivating the "Send Via Cron" option in Ruko's Configuration-> email options. I am not sure but I think a Linux Ubuntu update messed up my Crontab list and had to add all the Cron related php scripts that Ruko needs to send e-mails, backups, report notifications, etc.

The picture shows the Ruko configuration options that I'm currently using, in case it helps. I am not adding the changes to the server since it changes from one installation to another.

Annotation 2020-07-22 094930.png

(to developers: Sorry for thinking it was a bug)
weitau
Name: Robert T

Post by weitau »

Gmail addresses gave me trouble. I can get the "Test" email, but nothing else.

Try testing with different email destination addresses. If this works, then there may be something wrong with the way emails are formed so they are blocked by Gmail.