Counters For Common Reports On Extension

hawkeye
Name: Kevin

Counters For Common Reports On Extension

Post by hawkeye »

Hi Sergey. I've been testing out 2.2 beta, and I'm not seeing the counters on the top of common reports created by extension.

To be clear, I see the counters for a standard user that creates a report under his/her account. But when admin creates a common report under the extension to show to specific user groups, the counters do not show up.

Is this intentional, or is it a bug?
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Counters For Common Reports On Extension

Post by support »

Hi. I can't reproduce it. Make sure reports assigned to this user group and report is not hidden for this user. Each user can hide common report under dashboard configuration.
hawkeye
Name: Kevin

Post by hawkeye »

Here's an example. I'm trying to figure out how to create a common report under extension that I can show to specific user groups. I then want to link to that report in the menu configuration.

The problem as you can see by the screenshot is that the report I created under extension shows up fine with the counter on the users dashboard, but the same report that I also linked to in the menu doesn't include the counter. So I wasn't sure if you intentionally did it this way, or if it's a mistake.
rukodashboardreports.jpg
I think the issue here is that the dashboard link is index.php?module=dashboard/ but the link to report from menu is index.php?module=reports. Perhaps the reports module isn't intended to show counters?

If the above is true, then I'm trying to figure out a workaround. So I created a report group called "seo report group". Then I added that link to the sidebar in menu configuration. The problem with this solution is that the link seo report group only shows up in the admin account and not the user account.
rukodashboardmenu.jpg
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

So I wasn't sure if you intentionally did it this way, or if it's a mistake.
Counters display on dashboard only, this is not mistake.

Reports groups are split by users and you can't assign report group to user group. So each user can configure own reports groups.