Gantt Chart

pepe
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Pepe

Gantt Chart

Post by pepe »

At a first glance at the new Gantt Charts implementation I am really impressed by all the new features!!
For now, I encountered 3 problems:
1. When pressing the action button EDIT, the system return to the Dashboard.
2. When entering a new task/subtask with a text field (for example: Description), the corresponding text is not getting saved. Viewing the task list shows empty text field.
3. All of the above was entered/edited as admin. When logging in as manager having all the rights to create, edit, etc., the task listing shows several task while the Gantt report is empty (no tasks listed).
Regards, Pepe
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Gantt Chart

Post by support »

Really strange, admin should have full access no problems like this should be there. Anyway can you provide screenshots where did you click and had the problems so I will be sure I will test correct place.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

I found issue with fields. Now all fields allowed to display in gantt.
I have fixed it. Attached file replace in.
plugins\ext\modules\ganttchart\views\

Fields like Actions, Attachments etc. not allowed in gantt.
Attachments
listing.php
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
pepe
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by pepe »

Here are the results of further testing:
1. When pressing the action button EDIT, the system return to the Dashboard.
Okay, I will not use the action buttons in Gantt, however, should be disabled in the report views!!
2. When entering a new task/subtask with a text field (for example: Description), the corresponding text is not getting saved. Viewing the task list shows empty text field.
This is still not resolved, text feilds are not being saved. They are empty in the task listing.
3. All of the above was entered/edited as admin. When logging in as manager having all the rights to create, edit, etc., the task listing shows several task while the Gantt report is empty (no tasks listed).
Problem still as was.
Best regards, Pepe
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

This is still not resolved, text fields are not being saved. They are empty in the task listing.
can you provide screenshots, please?
ll of the above was entered/edited as admin. When logging in as manager having all the rights to create, edit, etc., the task listing shows several task while the Gantt report is empty (no tasks listed).
might manager don't have access to task? or might tasks don't have start/end dates?
pepe
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by pepe »

Here are the screen shots. The task listing for managers proves correct access rights which should deliver none-empty Gantt chart.
2018-03-22_Gantt_Charts.pdf
(434.49 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Best, Pepe
rh@syconics.de
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Reinhard Hansmann
Company Name: syconics UGhb & Co. KG

Post by rh@syconics.de »

A remark from my side for this topic:
If You add a new project or task from Gantt chart saves all files to underlying table properly. The issue is, that if afterwards You hit the new item the opening edit screen does not show up the data.

If You instead select item from projects from the menu and then edit the new project and/or the new task alle fields show up properly with the data entered via call from Gantt chart view. Seems to be a problem by opening a just new entered item again by clicking on that item in the Gantt chart.
rh@syconics.de
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Reinhard Hansmann
Company Name: syconics UGhb & Co. KG

Re: Gantt Chart - opening new window/tab when item selected/opened from Gantt

Post by rh@syconics.de »

And another issue for the Gantt chart:

Every time I select an item in the Gantt chart for detailled view the screen with the data is shown by opening a new window/tab in the browser. This is a little annoying because by selecting some more tasks from the Gantt I will have a lot of windows/tabs opened.

If I select an item from the standard views the next screen is opened in the same window/tab. I would expect this behavior also by selecting an item in the Gantt view.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Pape, found issue with text editor field.
Unpack attached file to modules\items\components\
and let me know if problem is fixed.

But can't reproduce issue with login as other user. Can you do more test, please? Create test user, play with access, also check if browser console have any errors in log.
Attachments
items_form.js.zip
(3.05 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
pepe
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by pepe »

Okay, that editing/save problem is fixed!
Thank you!
Pepe