Fields Access Incorrect

support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Fields Access Incorrect

Post by support »

The field "Eintragstyp" have "view only" access for Clients group. It means this field will be not display in items form since clients don't have access. And it means fields rules will not work because there is no way to detect fields rule since field missed in form.
pepe
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Pepe

Post by pepe »

Sergey,

I am sorry, I am totally lost now. I do understand the fact that fields which are not on the form may not be in the queue for checks fired against fields display rules. Nevertheless, I cannot understand why VIEW ONLY fields are not being displayed in forms? As stated above this should be HIDE in this case. If not so, what is the difference between VIEW ONLY and HIDE?

May be there is somebody else out there who got the point and is willing to share their experience with others?

Best regards, Pepe
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

VIEW ONLY - mean user can view field on item info page but it's not displays in form to edit.
HIDE - it means it will be hidden in all places.
pepe
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by pepe »

Hi Sergey,
I got this now! Thank you.
Remarks on that issue:
1. There is no need to use VIEW ONLY and HIDE on the items info page because the items info configuration allows to hide fields anyway!
2. In another suggestion, I have proposed to allow the display of formula field on forms (do not allow editing). Sometimes the user has to have the information of non-editbale fields on forms to be able to provide correct input on the editable fields.

Example:
- In project management, the manager set up a task with a deadline to finish work.
- The client/production department/etc. have to provide starting date and finishing date for the task (this is required for coordinating the work with other production phases, other trades for construction work on site, ....). As long as the user cannot see the deadline on the form, he/she must go back to the listing or items info page to get that info and provide input for starting/finsihing dates for their own work.

Why not make on option to display the value of the other fields (formula fields, VIEW ONLY fields) without option to edit? Also, this would resolve the conflict between Field display rules and VIEW ONLY for (in my example clients group). Currently, there is probably no way to configure the system in accordance to needs.

Example:
- Again, from above: The manager defines the type of task (this can be task,
guidline, infromation, decision to be follwed, ...)
- Depending on the typ of task, their shall be fields on the form for client,
production departments, ... to be filled in.
- The client, production department, ... are not supposed to edit/alter the
Typ of Task defiend by management. Therefore, this field should be
VIEW ONLY. The 2 problems:
o VIEW ONLY is not displayed. On the other hand if Typ of Field is displayed
then the client group could edit that field which they are allowed.
o Secondly, if the field is not on the form, the Fields Display Rules cannot
be applied and this limits this great feature essentially!

I am very close to project management in practical terms and am trying to constantly improof procedures. I would highly suggest to consider the small adaptions.
Best regards, Pepe

Added later: If field type AUTOMATIC STATUS could be used as display criteria in FIELDS DISPLAY RULES? This might be a workaround.
Last edited by pepe on 27 Mar 2018, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
rh@syconics.de
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Reinhard Hansmann
Company Name: syconics UGhb & Co. KG

Post by rh@syconics.de »

Dear Sergey,

I think, Pepe is right in his last post. This seems to be identical to my wish to add "protect/unprotect" to new field rules function. Maybe this can solve also Pepe's requirements.

Best regards
Reinhard
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Ok, I will think about solution. Added in plan for 2.2
pepe
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by pepe »

I thought about solution which might be easy to implement:
- If AUTOMATIC STATUS fields could be added to evaluation fields of FIELDS DISPLAY RULES?
(currently, there drop-down lists ans radio boxes permitted)
- They cannot be edited on forms and, therefore can be displayed for everybody.
Would this be a reasonable way to go?
Regards, Pepe
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Pape, rewrite files from archive where Ruko is installed. Let me know if issue fixed.
Attachments
fix2.zip
(8.69 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
pepe
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by pepe »

Hi Sergey,
I have installed the update files and cannot figure out any changes in behavior!
Also, i am sending out notifications with by means of a cron job and get the follwing message from the server:
2018-03-29_Cron_Error_from_Server.PNG
Yes, I have installed includes/classes/model/forms_fields_rules.php at proper location but system seams not to able to find file. I also have installed all the other updates at defined locations.
With all this happening, it also is not clear to me what changes I should expect from the update?
Best regards, Pepe
Last edited by pepe on 29 Mar 2018, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

This patch should fix issue with VIEW ONLY access to field that using in fields rules.This field still will be hidden in form if user edit item and don't have access to edit this field but filed rules will work with values that was setup.
Can you confirm this is work for you now?