Public form to Calendar

Ask your questions here.
Brad
Name: Brad

Public form to Calendar

Post by Brad »

Hi
Hope all is well

We have a new project coming up and as I start considering my options, I was wondering if I can add Rukovoditel to my potential solution list..

We want to bring in customer information from a "Public form" and use the data to populate a Sub Entity and add dates to a Calendar once we have looked at the details and sent an email / received a PayPal payment.

1) is populate the Sub Entry
2) Check details and send standard email with PayPal payment request
3) On receipt of payment mark sub entry as paid and add details to Calendar ..

Is this achievable using Rukovoditel ?

Comments appreciated.

Kind Regards
pixelita
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Joni Mueller
Company Name: Pixelita Designs

Re: Public form to Calendar

Post by pixelita »

I am new to Ruko too but I'll dive in; I've been playing with it for a few weeks now and love it. Maybe I can give you some ideas until the developer comes along to assist. :)

In Ruko 2.0 with the 1.6 extension (both recently released), you can now have public forms. This means users don't have to register with the system before opening a support ticket (or whatever the entity is). Create your "public form" however you like with the fields you need, then also be aware that when you set up that entity, under Form Visibility, you can have an additional tab that is hidden from the user, where you can put all the information relevant to your end and the client doesn't have to see it unless you want them to ("populate the sub-entry"). That is how I'd capture the public form data.

Then, you can also further automate with PayPal by sending an "invoice" (and my personal setup is that I create a PDF invoice, and upload it with a short summary, so the client can view or download the PDF invoice), and there is a video tutorial https://youtu.be/gpRFjSEOVV4 about how to link the PayPal module to your forms (entities). Once the payment is received, the system will automatically mark the invoice as Paid.

So you can set up a specific Invoice entity which should also contain the transmittal language you want ("send standard email with PayPal payment request").

I am still playing around with the Calendars, but I know that task dates and deadlines do appear on the calendar; I'm having difficulty getting my support ticket deadlines to appear and came on here to ask that question and saw your question!!!

Joni
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Public form to Calendar

Post by support »

Hi

Joni, you can use Calendar reports to display Tickets in calendar view. Tickets just have to have Start/End date, this is required for calendars.

Brad, Public Forms works with top entities only, you can't assign public form for sub-entity.
Eg. you have Projects and sub-entity Tickets. If we allow public form for tickets then it means customers have to select projects from all project list to add ticket to correct project. I think this is easy to make mistake and it will be hard for customers, that is why Public Forms works for top entities only.

Paypal invoice link can be send in comments but in this case we can't set status Paid automatically for Ticket.
Paid status set automatically if we are using Instant Payment Notification https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... ification/
and it means customer has to be logged and pay in app, not by link.