Error when previewing PDF files from Android

JustAGuy
Name: Patrick

Error when previewing PDF files from Android

Post by JustAGuy »

There is a certain failure or configuration that does not allow viewing PDF files on Android devices. Apparently it is because these devices cannot display the web application “application/x-google-chrome-pdf”.

Would it be possible to modify the code in the next update to open such files by running the java script application "PDF.js"? (the one made available by the Mozilla team) Or be able to select some other option as with DOCX files
tin.at
Name: T

Re: Error when previewing PDF files from Android

Post by tin.at »

Hello,

I can clarify same problem. Some of our users which are running ruko on tablets cannot view .pdf attachments. Look like that problem is related to jquery plugin which is loading a file, fancybox? Its not supported in mobile view, it looks like its not responsive.
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

I have integrated https://viewerjs.org/ that will be used in mobile devices.
The update will be in 3.3.1 soon.
JustAGuy

Post by JustAGuy »

Hello Sergey.

Thank you very much for your answer. The truth is that it is a very good tool and implementing it in Rukovoditel will make it even better and more versatile. As soon as the new version comes out I will not hesitate to install it.

;) :D
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

3.3.1 released. Please update and let me know how it works now.
JustAGuy

Post by JustAGuy »

Hello again everyone,

I tell you about my experience with the new version 3.3.1

Now PDF documents open perfectly on all mobile devices. However, I keep noticing that the resolution is affected only on Android devices. Someone else happens?

On iOS it works great, but most of the colleagues I use Rukovoditel with use Android, so they will have resolution problems.

I will do more testing with various Android phones and different Android versions to see if it happens on all of them.

Regards!! :)
JustAGuy

Post by JustAGuy »

Hello again to Sergey and everyone.

I come to tell you the results after continuing to test with Android. The fact is that at the moment they are the only devices in which it gives me display problems. (Low resolution preview, extending the screen to full view makes it blurry on Android.) :(

At the moment I have chosen to convert all .PDF files to .DOCX documents, since it maintains a good quality for all devices and they load very well in Rukovoditel using the Google service that is implemented. :shock:

Any news, I will be attentive to the forum. Greetings! ;)
tin.at

Post by tin.at »

Hello,

After update I have made some testing on our ruko application. When running ruko on android, in mobile view, viewer js works satisfying enough (little bit blurry). Our users use ruko most on tablets which have 10 inch display, so ruko is not running in mobile view. By that i mean that sidebar is still in basic position. Is there any way to force every .pdf in any view desktop or mobile to be open thru viewer js?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

By that i mean that sidebar is still in basic position. Is there any way to force every .pdf in any view desktop or mobile to be open thru viewer js?
Sorry, at the moment there is no configuration for this.
tin.at

Post by tin.at »

Okay then.

Its a little problem for us, because app users needs to open attachments in .pdf.
Is there a way to downgrade only this function to be like before?