Template to Export docx blank

rukofan
Name: Rukofan

Template to Export docx blank

Post by rukofan »

Hello Sergey,

I hope this is the right area to report this.

I have found that the Template to Export does not like the "&" in the Company Name of the Companies entity in my database.

I was using the Template to Export to create a test quote from within a Contact record and noticed that it worked fine on some Contacts while other Contacts it only produced a blank document, whether pdf or print, when downloaded and trying to open in Word, it threw an error in Word.

I started to look for special characters in both the Company and Contact information, first I removed special characters from the Contacts, this made no difference.

Then I removed the "&" from the Company Name and it then worked fine.

To further test I changed the Template to Export from docx output to html output. The html output works for both Company names with the "&" character and without the "&" character.

I hope this helps. Screenshots attached, no screenshots of blank pages though.
Google translated for your convenience.
Здравствуйте Сергей,

Я надеюсь, что это подходящее место, чтобы сообщить об этом.

Я обнаружил, что Экспортному шаблону не нравится символ «&» в названии компании объекта «Компании» в моей базе данных.

Я использовал шаблон для экспорта, чтобы создать тестовую цитату из записи контакта, и заметил, что он отлично работал с некоторыми контактами, в то время как другие контакты создавали только пустой документ, будь то PDF-файл или печать, при загрузке и попытке открыть в Word, это выдало ошибку в Word.

Я начал искать специальные символы как в информации о компании, так и в контактной информации, сначала я удалил специальные символы из контактов, это не имело значения.

Затем я удалил «&» из названия компании, и тогда все заработало.

Для дальнейшего тестирования я изменил шаблон на Экспорт с вывода docx на вывод html. Вывод в формате html работает для обоих названий компаний с символом «&» и без символа «&».

Надеюсь, это поможет. Скриншоты прилагаются, скриншотов пустых страниц нет.
Attachments
Output of Test Quote without Company Name with special symbol
Output of Test Quote without Company Name with special symbol
Fields used in Test Quote
Fields used in Test Quote
Contact One and Contact Two for test
Contact One and Contact Two for test
Company with ampersand symbol
Company with ampersand symbol