Security for support and developement

Ask your questions here.
ebru
Name: Ewald Brunmüller
Company Name: Mr.

Security for support and developement

Post by ebru »

How are things with Rukovoditel in terms of security for support and further development?

Are you the only developer of Rukovoditel?
What happens if something happens to you and you can not continue working on the project?
Is there somebody, who is involved deeply enough to continue the project?

I know, that the basic version is Open Source and therefore theoretically somebody can continue with it.
But in practice this is not very realistic.
And the extension is not open source.

These questions are important for assessing whether the software can be used in a business.
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Security for support and developement

Post by support »

You installed product on your server so it's not depend with me. If I can't continue working on project you will not get updates but your app will continue works on your server. Extension is open source too.
pixelita
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Joni Mueller
Company Name: Pixelita Designs

Re: Security for support and developement

Post by pixelita »

You run that risk with a lot of software and apps, open source or not. If you want more assurances that the app or software will be around for years to come, then spend gobs of money on something like Monday, Dubsano, activeCollab, Basecamp, etc. The trade off is that you won't get the attention to detail that a small team or single developer is likely to give to their "baby" as Sergey does, and they won't be as likely to listen to and incorporate reasonable user-suggested additions and modifications, as Sergey does. It's a trade off I am quite willing to live with. :)