Big Problem with XLSX Input Field Type Export

elviseras
Investor
Investor
Name: Elvix Sampedro
Company Name: novaTEK

Re: Big Problem with XLSX Input Field Type Export

Post by elviseras »

Hi, I attach 2 original files from app without any modification (XLSX & CSV)

regards
Attachments
Report_Sample_v2.xlsx
(6.37 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Report_Sample_v2.csv
(480 Bytes) Downloaded 241 times
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

If you try edit csv file as simple txt file you can see the data in file is correct.
But yes, excel is autoconvert it to number. Looks like this is old issue, see https://superuser.com/questions/861964/ ... omatically

I have tried open csv in google docs and it works ok, see attached. So you might can use this.

The other solution is you can add some symbol to number and then it will be no autoconverted.
Attachments
screenshot-docs.google.com-2019.02.28-15-17-17.png
elviseras
Investor
Investor

Post by elviseras »

Hi, Sergey..I share with you some additional info about this problem ...
I have tried open csv in google docs and it works ok, see attached. So you might can use this.
It is right. I've tried it and it works (Only in Google Drive & Only in CSV format)

In the other hand, we have tried in our local server for tests (Windows UniServer localhost) and all is fine (NO PROBLEM!!!)........Can it be some configuration in the production server side (Linux Ubuntu WebServer??

We check now (as much as possible) our local server with production server BBDD & tell you what happens

regards
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

Yes, I have tried on windows server and there is no any issues. Hard to say which configuration option. Probably encoding.

What is Ticket ID? As solution you can try add some symbol at the end and it should helps I think.
elviseras
Investor
Investor

Post by elviseras »

Hi, we have found another way to make the correct export (in two steps) that we describe below for help from other users:

1) Export XLSX as before and open file in Excell
2) Delete all data in columns cells with bad data
3) Change all cells in column to "Text" format
4) Make a new export only with the wrong field (And now with "print button" to see it in a new browser tab)
5) Press and drag with mouse all data in new browser tab to select all, and then "copy" (With Ctrl + C or mouse right button)
6) Paste data in the excel column cells deleted at the point 2
What is Ticket ID? As solution you can try add some symbol at the end and it should helps I think.

Ticket ID field is an identifier that the client provides us and it can change format according to client or project ... I think we could add a special character to the beginning (As for example: #2019000455652209) but we would have to make sure that nobody forgot to add it ... Is there any way to do it automatically?

We will also try to find out if it has to do with some encoding adjustment

Thank you very much for your help, Sergey !!!

ADD: I think that it's interesting to say that problem only happens when are 12 digits or more. With fewer digits the export works fine ...