Sponsor
Name: Pepe

With selected - assign users

Post by pepe »

Hi Sergey,
there are 2 entities:
Project, and a child of project
- ToDos

In entity Project, there ais 1 field with users to be assigned to the project team: They are selected from entity Users.

In entity ToDos, there are 2 fields where users are being assigned: One is Manager, the other is Assignees.

In field Manager, you can select from the list of users that have been assigned to the project. This is fine, although, it would be better if there was only a list of managers to select from.

In field Assignees, you get the same thing, works fine, except you get the entire list of users.

A problem has the "With selected" feature in list/table view: There you get in both cases the list of all users. This is not correct, at least, you should get the reduced list of users assigned to the project. Even better, one should get the list of managers in first field update, and the list of assignees in second case (as described above).

Plaese see attached PDF-fiel for all screen shots:
2019-02-24_WithSelected_assign_Users.pdf
(192.86 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Best regards, Pepe
pepe
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Pepe

Re: With selected - assign users

Post by pepe »

Hi Sergey,
there is an additional problem related to the above:
User MANAGER has access rights on entire entity including UPDATE SELECTED. However, managers are unable to update users assignee with UPDATE SELECTED feature. It does not make a difference whether one, more, or all records are being selected.
Editing the field in the form works. When logged in as admin it works.

I have double checked already all settings and would not be able find any issues. Updating other fields than assigned users work (i.e., values from other dropdown lists, etc.). Could you please look at this and the above problems.
Thank you! Pepe
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: With selected - assign users

Post by support »

Added in plan. I will look. Don't have time to look at it right now.