Email: no sending, no reception

support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Email: no sending, no reception

Post by support »

Note: cron fetch only new emails with flag UNSEEN (match messages which have not been read yet)
as100
Investor
Investor
Name: Lukasz

Post by as100 »

support wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 11:44 Note: cron fetch only new emails with flag UNSEEN (match messages which have not been read yet)
There are of course unread messages in the mailbox, sent after configuring the account in Rukovoditel and after passing the tests in Rukovoditel.

Can the problem be that Rukovoditel does not have a domain assigned, but is at an IP address?

I do not know where to look for the problem anymore, but in the past I had PHPList (newsletter) that only the domain wanted to work, and not IP, although it should not matter because the SMTP server data is entered, but it was.
metwra
Name: Jake

Post by metwra »

Still not sure on this, I maybe dont understand how its supposed to work.

Am I right in thinking that once set up as described customers can be contacted through the system via an integrated email account.

That seems obviously yes because outgoing mail works.

But for the incoming mail is it supposed to work as follows.

When linked to an entity, if someone emails the address linked to an entity is it supposed to both show in the inbox and be accessible in the entity & pull info?

Should any mail sent to the added email address show up in the inbox?

This will be a great feature when it works.

For example, customers get in touch and have to manually manually entered into the system.
With this set up correctly does it mean I can set it so any mail sent to the email address added automatically creates a record in the related entity thus saving time?

Thanks
stinkelch

Post by stinkelch »

Hello Sergey,

when I run the email_fetch.php manually mail will be received ok.

The cron job gives me this error message.

Maybe it helps finding the problem.

Betreff: Cron <ldlrnvah@webcp> /home/ldlrnvah/public_html/rvtest/cron/email_fetch.php

/home/ldlrnvah/public_html/rvtest/cron/email_fetch.php: Zeile 1: ?php
: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
/home/ldlrnvah/public_html/rvtest/cron/email_fetch.php: Zeile 2: $'\r': Kommando nicht gefunden.
/home/ldlrnvah/public_html/rvtest/cron/email_fetch.php: Zeile 3: Syntaxfehler beim unerwarteten Wort `substr'
/home/ldlrnvah/public_html/rvtest/cron/email_fetch.php: Zeile 3: `chdir(substr(__DIR__,0,-5));

Jürgen
'
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

Ask your hosting support about it.
stinkelch

Post by stinkelch »

No, I dont need it!