Multi-tenancy

Put your suggestions here.
drmrmelo
Name: Murilo Melo
Company Name: Klisia

Multi-tenancy

Post by drmrmelo »

Hi,
We are a US-based nonprofit and I'd like to provide a software solution to several small seminaries and Bible colleges in the majority world.

We would like to have one system but with several identical database schemas, in terms of table structure, one per school.

Essentially, the system administrator would access everything, selecting the organization first, and then the application.
School admin would be able to see their users, and define access only within their school.
Users would have to select their school (or we could live with a 1:1 relationship, as we should have few cases of people in more than one organization, except our super admin).

I saw some interest in old forum entries, but no response. If possible, we may get a donor to help financially with the development of a plugin. I appreciate your advice and wish you a wonderful 2024.
Murilo Melo
mowenranger
Name: Matthew Owen
Company Name: Matt's Startup Academy

Re: Multi-tenancy

Post by mowenranger »

I am also working on several projects that require multi-tenancy. Your requirements sound somewhat similar to mine.

From what I understand of your requirements, you may be able to solve the problem if you allow only the system administrator to *create* users. You can create the user and assign them to a particular school, and then the sub-entities will inherit this assignment.

My problem is that I would like to allow my users to create more users. I can do this, but I can't find a way to restrict which Access Groups they can assign users to. In my example, I have created these Access Groups:

Application Manager (not the system admin, one layer down, they manage the app but I don't want them to have access to the full blown application management like sys admin). The Application Manager creates a Practice Manager.

The Practice Manager then should be able to create other Practice Managers, Providers, and Patients. I have this setup and working. My only issue is that I do NOT want the Practice Manager to be able to create a user that is in Application Manager access group.

It's actually a simple solution - allow us to exclude certain Access Groups when allowing users to create more users. All I need the system to do is hide the Application Manager role, and then I'd be all set.

This would allow for a basic form of multi-tenancy, which is a big deal. I would be interested in helping to get this solved, if that requires a donation for the work, please let me know. Most of my client work hinges on the need to do this. Thanks for your consideration!
New user of Rukovoditel (November 2023) --- v3.4.4 (with extension)
I am building several applications for startup entrepreneurs. I'm all-in on this software!
lmilani
Name: Luciano Milani
Company Name: ML

Re: Multi-tenancy

Post by lmilani »

Very well, I also have a similar environment and I want to limit access to data so that users only see, edit and work with data linked to their organization