Centos 9 Stream - Install Wont Complete

Ask your questions here.
Zipfrog2022
Name: Mark O

Centos 9 Stream - Install Wont Complete

Post by Zipfrog2022 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: Any one have this working on a dedicated server? I am having trouble installing Rukovoditel on a new installation of Centos 9 Stream. I have started from the beginning 3 times now and no mater what I do I get stuck with the write errors in the attached screenshot. This is not a permission issue as the list in the attached photo was 3 times longer. I added a new group "www-data" and placed user: " apache, admin, and www-data " inside the group. I then set owner to: " apache " for all files and folders in the ruko folder and set the group too www-data. I started with permissions for everything set to 0755 then changed it to 0775. This cleared up all the folders that could not be written too except what's in the screen shot.

Any one have any suggestions or know what is going on here? I have spent all day trying to get this working.

Thanks
Attachments
RukoInstallError.png
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Centos 9 Stream - Install Wont Complete

Post by support »

Can be issue with user. Change user that assigned to folder. Or try remove folder and create new one with permission.
Zipfrog2022

Post by Zipfrog2022 »

I have tried different users. I have used Apache,admin,www-data, and even tried root with 7777 permissions to allow any one from anywhere to write to the folder. Additionally I did try deleting and re creating the folders. I confirmed the installation is looking at the right folders as well by renaming the backups to Backups as it’s case sensitive and it changed from can’t write to doesn’t exist.

Additionally I have reviewed the Apache config file and added directives for /var/www/html/rvaportal

Any other thoughts, can you explain a little what the process is during the write verification “ how it’s verifying such as looking at permissions or actually performing a test write.

I will try spinning up centos 8 in Virtualbox or centos 7 as this is the version on our shared hosting account to see if I get the same issue or not. Would prefer to keep centos 9 though as end of life it right around the corner for 8.

Thanks
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Zipfrog2022

Post by Zipfrog2022 »

Ok, so I ditched Centos and after several try’s finally got it working on Ubuntu Server 22.04. Got the database moved over and copied the required folders over. The problem I have now is to connect with the name localhost to use the license key for extension I have to ssh to the server and create a tunnel on port 80 so that when I localhost from my browser it shows localhost as the domain. This is not practical for everyone else in the company to connect to the app / database? What’s the fix for this. If I don’t use a ssh tunnel it’s showing the ip address as the domain name.

Thanks
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Under My Account you can change host for you order and get new key.
Zipfrog2022

Post by Zipfrog2022 »

Ok, thank you. We will either create a domain name on the local dns server to resolve it internally or once we have everything setup and working the way we want then we can set a static ip address and license it to the ip.

Thanks