Entity drop-down list (ajax) not working

aci
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Andrei I

Entity drop-down list (ajax) not working

Post by aci »

Hello Rukovoditel Team,

After upgrading to version 3.2.1. the Entity drop-down list (ajax) does not work any more like it should.

If I write the letters faster in the field, the Entity drop-down list (ajax) does not search for the correct record. Basically, if I search after UK postcodes, which contains both letters and numbers, as E176AE, the Entity drop-down list (ajax) field is working only for searching E176, but not for E176AE, and it is displaying results as E176HR, E176NX, E176AE, E176EU instead of only E176AE.
Screenshot_20221107-204326.png
If I write the letters and numbers with a second of pause between, the Entity drop-down list (ajax) is working, but is very difficult to work like this because you have to wait a lot in order for the Entity drop-down list (ajax) field to display the results correctly.
Screenshot_20221107-204415.png
I have attached 2 screen captures, in both I search for the same e176ae, but in the one that I am writing fast the results are incorrect (4 incorrect records displayed E176HR, E176NX, E176AE, E176EU) and in the one that I am writing very slow in the Entity drop-down list (ajax) the results are correct (2 records that contains only the searched term E176AE).

Can you please give us a solution for this? I think that more peoples are affected buy this bug. Thank you very much!
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Entity drop-down list (ajax) not working

Post by support »

How many records "Id client UK" in database?
To make ajax search load faster you have to add indexes in database for input fields, which uses for search.

If there are lot of records and there is no indexes then search process will be slow and that you why dropdown result with delay.
aci
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Andrei I

Post by aci »

Good evening Sergey, thank you for your answer.

At this moment there are about 2000 records for "Id client UK" but this ID is randomly generated for each customer only once and we do not use it for search.

We search our customers only from postcode or by phone number, and the postcode is written in a text field.

This strange behaviour of the Entity drop-down list (ajax) field is happening after the upgrade to v 3.2.1., before the upgrade the Entity drop-down list (ajax) field worked just fine.

Please try to solve this strange behaviour of the field, it is happening on all mobile browsers, and we use Android with Chrome, updated. On Chromium on Ubuntu it is working fine by now.
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

So go to database via phpmyadmin and add indexes for fields postcode and phone number. The search should speed up.